Craft Jet Heat Transfer Paper is sometimes called printable heat transfer vinyl. Technically it is not HTV - it's made from synthetic paper, not vinyl. But there are similarities. Craft Jet Heat transfer paper is designed for clothing graphics and it applies with a heat press or iron.
The Light paper is for white or light coloured fabrics. It can be identified by the red grid on its backing. The Light paper retains its colours better during washing. The Dark paper is for coloured and dark fabrics. It has blue lines on its backing. Please be aware, the different papers have different printing and application instructions.
Craft Jet Heat Transfer Paper is compatible with desktop inkjet printers (aqueous ink). Additionally, the Dark option is compatible with crayons or markers. Create one-of-a-kind hand-drawn images. Do not use with toner/laser printers.
Prepare Image 1. Print MIRRORED image
2. Print on solid white side (non-grid)
3. Cut around image if desired Transfer Image –
1. Preheat press to 380°F
2. Pre-press garment for 3-5 seconds to release moisture and remove wrinkles
3. Place printed transfer onto the garment, print side DOWN
4. Press for 20-25 seconds with medium to high pressure
5. Peel the liner a. Peel cool (wait 2 minutes) for a glossy finish b. Peel hot (wait 5 seconds) for a matte finish Transfer Image –
Iron (Recommended for t-shirts and light-weight fabrics only)
1. Preheat iron to the “cotton” setting (do not use steam)
2. Make sure you have a hard, smooth pressing surface covered with a layer of fabric (such as a pillowcase. DO NOT USE AN IRONING BOARD
3. Pre-iron garment to release moisture and remove wrinkles
4. Place printed transfer onto the garment, print side DOWN
5. Size: Full sheet transfer
Using 2 hands, push down and firmly slide the iron up and down (as shown in the diagram) for 90 seconds. Make enough passes to completely iron the transfer 2 times. The iron should be halfway off the edges when the edges are ironed.
6. Size: Half sheet transfer
a. Using 2 hands, push down and firmly slide the iron over the transfer paper for 90 seconds total. \
7. Size: Smaller than iron a. Using 2 hands, push down and hold for 30 seconds. Move iron slightly to ensure complete contact between transfer and garment.
8. Peel the liner after garment has cooled for approximately 60 seconds
1. Turn garment inside out
2. Wash in cold water
3. Do not use bleach or bleach alternative detergents
4. Dry on LOW temperature
5. Do not iron directly on the transferred area